CompuTutor provides opportunities for agents in South Africa, Africa and the rest of the world. What you need is a passion to empower people through skills training.
CompuTutor has been developed and is administered by SkillWise, which has been a leader in the creation and implementation of quality skills-based e-learning programs for over 14 years.
Basic Office skills are needed for a growing number of jobs, and are a requirement for students at most tertiary and even high school institutions. CompuTutor provides proven fast-track training for students at all levels who are literate in English. The full course starts with keyboard and mouse skills.
SkillWise – Business opportunities for Agents
SkillWise is looking for partners for CompuTutor across South Africa and internationally will both market the computer training course as well develop other avenues of involvement.
Minimum requirements for agents:
- Basic computer literacy
- Be able to read and write in English
- Do at least one module of CompuTutor (free) to get to know the product
- Commit to marketing CompuTutor in their network , including printing brochures of CompuTutor, which will be sent by email
- Have passion for getting relatives, friends and community into computer literacy for better skills and job opportunities
There are three opportunities for Partnership:
1. Set up a SkillWise Centre in your area:
Two Types : Commercial Centre or Disadvantaged Community Centre:
- Buy 3-10 computers, secure premises, and have people come to the centre for training.
- Course fee: R1 800 for 6 modules or R300 per module.
- Centre pays Head Office R400 or R200 per student for registration i.e. R200 or R100 per 3 modules.
- Centre pays Head office Licence fee for Software: R 1000 or R 500 for 25 students,
R2 000 or R1 000 for 50 students, etc.
- Centre keeps the R1 400 or R1 600 remaining from each student.
- Further revenue sources would be the Certiport exam and the SA certification. More detail in a separate document.
- Agents will be encouraged to assist small business people in their areas to develop SkillWise centres in their communities, especially underdeveloped places.
2. Register Individuals or Small business people for the ONLINE computer training course which can be done on private computers:
- Course cost is R1 800 or R350 per module.
- Agent gets 33% of course fee as a commission i.e. R600 ( less VAT) if full course is taken.
- Head office will manage the students’ progress and results, and receive payments.
3. Register Companies for the ONLINE course at their workplace :
- Course fee is R3 000 ( inc VAT).
- Agent will be required to go twice a month for oversight and follow up of the students.
- Agent will facilitate NQF certification process at workplace when needed.
- Agent will be available 24/7 to handle queries or help with problems.
- Multiple students would be required.
- Agent will get 33% commission or R 1000( less VAT) per student.
- Agent may need to provide dedicated computers at the workplace.
For a copy of the draft agreement click here: skillwise-agent-agreement
To contact us to find out more please fill in the form below.